J. J. Joyce Trophy
There was no award for third best and fairest in the first six years of the Copeland.
In 1933, however, the club began to acknowledge those players who finished second and third, by awarding each of them a trophy named after Cecil Hearne. This continued until 1940.
For 1941 and 1942, both trophies were awarded in the name of club great Bob Rush.
After a number of years where third place was not acknowledged, it reappeared as the R.T. Rush Trophy in 1948 before being given its current name – after one of the club’s founding fathers, former Britannia player and administrator Jack Joyce – in 1949.