Welcome to the Magpies on the Internet
The Collingwood Football Club launched its first website in 1995, alerting members via an article published in the In Black and White.
As outlined in the article, ‘The Mag’Net’s primary function is to provide supporters direct access to the Collingwood Football Club. The Club has hundreds of thousands of supporters all over the world and the most innovative and accurate method to directly communicate with them. It is one of the largest Wen Sites of this kind in the world and will be regularly marinated and updated.
It will directly accelerate the exposure of the game and will assist in the continual promotion of the international reputation of The Great Australian Sport.
- Magnificent team and action photos
- A welcome to supporters from President Allan McAlister
- Twiggy’s Torpedos – a report from Ross Dunne on the day-to-day news
- Results and statistics of recent matches
- The Ladder
- The Club History
- Most frequently asked questions
- Lists of Captains, Coaches, Presidents, etc.
- Who’s who at The Club
- Social events
- Membership information and application form
- Souvenir Lists and other medal winners
- Opportunity for users to ask their own questions
- Summer Itinerary
- And much much more
In the near future
(a) Voice controlled conversation with Players and Staff
(b) Secure transfer of funds for On-Line purchase of souvenirs and booking of tickets of functions
(c) To become the biggest and best Sporting Web Site in the World
(d) Overseas Membership
(e) Internet Users Membership (Special deals available)